Your responsibilities will include:
Selling and Developing the Business
Identifying changing customer needs through a constant review of the highest selling products and frequent communication with store managers.
Developing all assigned accounts relative to sales volume, market share, product distribution, space allocation and customer service objectives.
*Selling and executing national and local promotions, soliciting placement of incremental marketing equipment, displays, racks and selling sufficient product inventory for customer volume demands.
Delivery and Merchandising
Managing inventory according to PepsiCo Foods Canada best practices to ensure balanced accounts and fresh products for customers and consumers.
Executing hands on activities with excellence, including but not limited to managing product placement on shelves, increasing shelf facings and racks, handling carton returns, managing inventory movement and cleaning shelving and racks.
Operating a Route Sales Truck including loading and unloading of product, OR operating a personal vehicle along an established route.
Great with people and excellent communication skills
Previous sales experience with a consumer packaged goods or retail organization preferred
Valid drivers license and a flawless driving record
Outstanding organizational skills (as demonstrated by your ability to handle multiple priorities, problem solve, and meet deadlines or targets)
High School diploma required, University/College education is an asset
If sales is your strength, and you are eager to learn a world-class business and represent some of Canadas most loved brands like Lays, Doritos and Tostitos, then this might be the career for you! PepsiCo Foods Canada has a lot to offer including competitive wages, full benefits and pension, RRSP matching and four weeks of paid training.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel overnight
- Willing to travel for extended periods
- Willing to travel regularly
- Willing to travel
- Vehicle supplied by employer
Type of Sales Account
- Key accounts
- National accounts
- Regional accounts
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Type of Customers
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Standing for extended periods
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Attention to detail
- Handling heavy loads
- Repetitive tasks
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Fast-paced environment
- Provide clients presentations of the benefits and uses of goods or services
- Review and adapt information regarding product innovations, competitors and market conditions
- Consult with clients after sale or signed contracts
- Conduct sales transactions
- Promote sales to existing clients
- Arrange for on-site previews of goods
- Customer service oriented
- Prepare catalogues of items
Type of Sales/Marketing
- General sales