The Community Health Outreach Nurse will promote knowledge of and access to programs and services to assist clients to become and remain engaged in addressing their health status through connection to a community continuum of care. The Community Health Outreach Nurse will work towards developing relationships in the community and with clients that will improve the quality of life for clients and staff. The Community Health Outreach Nurse will work with all project staff to plan, implement and coordinate programs.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Networking with target population;
Engaging clients in care continuum;
Wellness initiatives and prevention programming.
Registered Nurse qualification, BScN preferred.
Nurse practitioner or Certificate of Infectious Disease Specialty preferred, or suitable prerequisite for training as Infectious Disease Specialist.
Must be registered or eligible for registration with SRNA.
First Aid, Level C Basic Cardiac Life Support.
Strong assessment skills
Must have valid Saskatchewan drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle.
CONDITIONS OF WORK:
Some services provided in clients home environment and/or community setting which present many unknown variables;and
Hours of work vary. Weekend and/or evening work is required.
For full job description please visit www.sktc.sk.ca
Skills and Abilities
- Community health clinic or centre
- Valid driver's licence
- Computer use
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Deliver immunization programs
- Conduct disease screening
- Provide nursing care
- Provide health education
- Develop and implement health education programs
- Collaborate to plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate patient care
- Assess patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions
- Deliver health education programs
Area Of Specialization
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse by the province/territory of work
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse by the province/territory of work