Autism Services is looking for a qualified person
to fill a half time (0.5) position for the
Keewatin Yatthe Regional Health Authority (KYRHA)
for the term of one (1) year. All term positions
have the potential to be renewed or become
The Autism Consultant will work directly with
individuals ages 0-19 presenting with ASD. This is
a multifaceted position with intake, screening,
coordination, family consultation, intervention
program development, transition programming and
staff supervision responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Masters Degree in clinical human service
fields such as Speech Language Pathologist,
Occupational Therapist or Psychologist
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience
in the development, delivery and coordination of
ASD specific treatment program plans for children
and youth with ASD.
- A background in ASD assessment and intake,
experience in working on multidisciplinary teams,
coordination skills and family support experience.
- Experience in the clinical and administrative
supervision and support of direct service workers.
- Experience in the development and delivery of
ABA or IBI programs.
- Strong leadership, collaborative, communication
and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated
ability to work respectfully and cooperatively
with other team members.
- Thorough and current knowledge of Autism
Spectrum Disorder and the community of agencies
providing services to affected individuals and
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010
(Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Starting salary for this position is $32.87 per
hour if candidate has Master's degree. Otherwise
salary would be negotiated at a slightly lower
rate dependent upon candidate's current education
and related experience.