The City of Estevan requires a: Full Time "Maintenance Technician 1" to join our team.
1. Operates, maintains and repairs facility systems such as: Boiler, Refrigeration, HVAC , Swimming Pool, Electrical, Plumbing, and Mechanical
2. Maintains water quality at swimming pool.
3. Installs new plumbing fixtures and completes minor electrical upgrades.
4. Maintains and repairs buildings.
5. Completes building renovations.
6. Instructs or trains employees in maintenance, repairs, safety and operation of equipment and tools.
7. Logs, records and reports pertinent information such as receipt of materials, time sheets, maintenance and repairs needed and tasks performed.
8. Maintains assigned tools and equipment.
9. Promote and maintain positive public relations between staff and customers
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed outside of the listed duties above. (Other duties as assigned)
- Grade 12 or GED Equivalent, Valid Class 5 Driver's License, WHMIS Training
Arena Operator's Certificate - Level 1, Pool Operators Certificate - Level 1, Fireman's Certificate
EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: One year
The City of Estevan offers a competitive salary, and outstanding benefit package.
Applicants must submit a resume, proof of qualifications and/or completed application forms and may be tested for appropriate skills. An interview may be conducted with applicants who qualify in skill, ability and qualifications.
The position shall be filled in accordance with the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City and CUPE Local 726. Candidates not possessing the qualifications listed above, are urged to apply and will be considered on the basis of their combined education and experience.