Lac La Ronge Indian Band, Education, Training & Employment Department is now accepting applications for the following position based out of Bell?s Point Elementary School (BPES) in La Ronge:
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Develop, implement and maintain guidance counselling and programs for students;
- Provides counselling services to students to ensure their success;
- Provide students and parents with information on school policies, procedures, local agencies and services;
- Monitor and maintain attendance of students including arranging for home visits / phone calls to parents;
- Maintain student files in a confidential and professional manner;
- Initiate and/or participate in case conferences, meetings and/or workshops;
- Work during the summer;
- Establish and work with parent group.
The suitable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A certificate in counselling or social work;
- Previous social worker or guidance counselor experience;
- Essential skills: planning, problem-solving, decision-making, leadership and counseling skills;
- Demonstrated communication (written and verbal), public relations, computer, and organizational skills:
LLRIB employees are entitled to a complete benefits (pension and insurance) package, northern living allowance, housing allowance and relocation allowances, where applicable.
Deadline for application: 4:00 PM, October 4, 2013
Submit cover letter and resume including three (3) professional references to:
Human Resource Office
Lac La Ronge Indian Band
La Ronge, Sask
LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be conducted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check. Please be advised applications received without proper documentation may not be considered.