The Saskatoon Tribal Councils groups of companies are dynamic, forward-looking, outcome based organizations. The authority for operating comes from the Chiefs of the seven member First Nations whose leadership is both progressive and accountable. The Saskatoon Tribal Council is known for its sound fiscal and program management capacities and for the services and programs delivered to all members, resident in their community or in the urban centre(s).
Saskatoon Tribal Council/STC Health & Family Services Inc. is seeking a Registered Dietitian to lead the Nutrition Services as part of the Community Health and Home Care teams.
* Integral member of the community primary health care team;
* Plan, deliver and evaluate community nutrition programs for the seven First Nation communities served by the Saskatoon Tribal Council;
* Provide holistic, client-centered individual counseling and group education applying evidence-based nutrition practice;
* Coordinate community Health Assessment Clinics;
* Responsible for coordination, program delivery and reporting for the Canada Prenatal Nutrition program; and
* Assists with planning and implementing the Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative program.
* Certified Diabetes Educator;
* Knowledge of and sensitivity around First Nations culture and traditions; and
* Ability to speak a First Nations language.
*For full job description go to www.sktc.sk.ca*
Skills and Abilities
- Computer use
- Job task planning and organizing
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Reading text
- Develop educational materials
- Plan, evaluate and conduct nutrition educational programs
Area Of Specialization
- Community dietetics
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Canadian Dietetic Association Membership
- Registration with provincial or territorial authorities