The Saskatoon Tribal Councils group of companies are dynamic, forward-looking, outcome based organizations. The authority for operating comes from the Chiefs of the seven member First Nations whose leadership is both progressive and accountable. The Saskatoon Tribal Council is known for its sound fiscal and program management capacities and for the services and programs delivered to all members, resident in their community or in the Saskatoon urban centre.
Working out of the Saskatoon office and working as part of a Resource Development Team, the incumbent will be responsible for the development and implementation of targeted recruitment & retention strategies for the development of out-of-home placements for children.
- Work with local community Child & Family Service Committees on recruitment and retention strategies;
- Development will occur based on local needs of resources for out-of-home placements for teens, children, and youth with special needs;
- Provide Family Service Orientation training to applicants, and Family Support home training utilizing the P.R.I.D.E (Parent Resources for Information Development and Education) manuals;
- Plan, develop, and deliver (or arrange to deliver) other areas of additional, specialized training to caregivers, i.e. FASD, Effective Discipline, etc.;
- Process our Out of Care Home applications according to policy and procedures;
- Caregiver assessment: completion of the home study assessment; provide ongoing resource training to ensure caregivers can provide safety and care to children/youth with special needs;
- Conduct exit interviews; indentify service issues, development and implementation strategies to address issues and concerns to retain valuable resources.
Please visit www.sktc.sk.ca for full list of duties and qualifications.
Skills and Abilities
- Aboriginal band council
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Area of Social Work Specialization
- Child welfare
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Membership in a provincial association of social workers