Coordinate and implement the volunteer services program, including assess and identify, in conjunction with management and staff, the requirements for volunteer resources in the region.
Actively recruit, screen, interview, hire, coordinate work assignments, and cultivate volunteers.
Orient and train volunteers according to their assignment.
Provide training and support to staff who directly supervise volunteers.
Provide direct supervision to volunteers as required.
Work with staff to prepare and update volunteer job profiles, competencies, goals and tasks in accordance with identified needs.
Manage a database and tracking system of volunteer activities.
Coordinate a volunteer recognition and stewardship program.
Build relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders including local community groups/agencies, funders, and donors.
Speak at public and private meetings representing the CNIB as required.
Evaluate effectiveness of the program on an ongoing basis.
Visit cnib.ca for more information
The position will be open until a suitable candidate has been selected.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check (abstract)
Type of Community or Social Service
- Volunteer coordination
- Social service agency
Target Groups or Clients
- Persons who are blind/visually impaired
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Research techniques
- Administrative and office activities
- Screen, recruit and train volunteers and support staff
- Maintain program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research
- Resolve conflict situations