YOUTH WORKER - FULL TIME PERMANENT - Ashley Park School - Competition #1425
Start Date: September 3, 2013
Ashley Park School is seeking a full time permanent Youth Worker starting September 3, 2013. Ashley Park School is a grade k-5 school with approximately 260 students and 18.0 teachers.
Youth Workers will:
- Be part of a student services team;
- Assist parents and school with positive communications and relationships;
- Serve as an advocate and link for parents in agency and school involvement;
- Seek out parenting/family supports within the community and assist families to access the services;
- Assist interagency and school teams with in-school counseling supports and socio-emotional programming; and
- Contribute as a team member to the overall success of academic and social-emotional needs of students in the school.
The successful candidate will have a commitment to the vision, mission, principles and goals of the Chinook School Division.
- Certification/Diploma as either a Social Worker, Youth Worker or Youth Counselor
- Experience with children in a school setting is preferred
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be a team player working with students, family, in-school staff, counselors and administration.
If there are questions, please contact the Principal, Camille Quinton, 306-778-9251 or the Chinook Human Resources Department at 306-778-9200 or toll free 1-877-321-9200.
While all applications are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.