**Please note that this position is located in, and employed by, the Yellow Quill First Nation**
Reporting directly to the Health Program Manager and working in cooperation with the STC Community Addictions Program Coordinator, the Community Addictions Prevention Program (CAPP) Worker is responsible for carrying out the duties as outlined.
1.Adhere to the Personnel Policy Manual as set out by the Yellow Quill First Nation Chief and Council;
2.Co-ordinate and provide pre-treatment and assessment services;
3.Provide individual or group counselling as needed or as referred;
4.Provide referrals as necessary;
5.Assist with crisis counseling during and/or after a crisis incident involving addictions, as required;
6.Provide follow-up and aftercare services;
7.Prepare written reports and summaries of project activities;
8.Maintain up to date and completed client files;
1. Chemical Addiction Dependency Diploma/Certificate or equivalent training.
2. Minimum of three years experience in the addictions field or another related field.
3. Minimum of three years of continuous sobriety.
4. Experience with individual, family and group counseling.
5. Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
6. Experience with program planning and development.
7. Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and communication abilities.
8. Possess a valid Saskatchewan drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle.
9. Clear CPIC/Child Abuse Check.
10. Knowledge of computers.
11. The ability to speak Saulteaux, an effective understanding of Saulteaux culture and spirituality, and experience working with First Nations communities is an asset.
Please visit www.sktc.sk.ca for full job description