Our client is a well-established Agribusiness client whose focus is to enhance crop production for producers in Saskatchewan. They are dedicated to the study of agriculture and helping their producers get the highest yields for the crops they grow. To continue to provide exceptional customer care, they are seeking another Business Agronomist to join their team.
As an organized and passionate Business Agronomist, you will make knowledgeable suggestions to producers with a goal to enhance their productivity. You will become familiar with producers individual operation and needs to provide them with informed agronomic alternatives and suggestions for improved results. Regular duties will include researching new products, promoting services, recommending and selling crop inputs, performing field scouting to identify weeds, disease and nutrition deficiencies, and regularly updating clients through one-on-one communication and grower meeting facilitation.
Your resume will be considered if you display:
- A Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Agriculture and / or a related Agribusiness Diploma / Training is preferred. CCA Accreditation would be an asset
- Minimum of 3 years experience in sales with a crop input reseller is required
- A strong interest in promoting agriculture with a focus on each producers success.
- Able to work independently or in a team setting
- Desire or willingness to reside in a rural community setting
- Familiarity with agronomic variables in the dark-gray soil zone would be an asset.
Our client offers an industry competitive salary and benefits package. Further information regarding the Client, position location, salary and other employee benefits will be provided to short-listed candidates only.
Individuals who hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Canadian Residency need only apply.
Questions may be addressed to Blair at 888-778-0570.
Skills and Abilities
Field Crop Specializations
- Specialty crops
Type Of Work Experience
- Soil science
Specific Skills - Field Crops
- Crop storage and preservation
- Plant disease, pest and weed prevention and eradication
- Seed/seeding production