Job Order #: 5275085
CITY OF HUMBOLDT
How to Apply?:
This job is no longer taking applications
This job is no longer taking applications and is displayed only for reference.
To view current postings please conduct a new search.
CITY OF HUMBOLDT
306 682 2531
The City of Humboldt is currently seeking full-time skilled labourer in the Works and Utilities Department.
Closing Date: May 10th, 2013
The position will be responsible for carrying out general duties for the City of Humboldt, Works and Utilities Department under the Direction of the Works and Utilities Manager or Designate.
Skilled labourers shall be employed on a full-time (year round) basis and shall be able to operate the City's basic machinery and tools.
The wage rate for this position will be in accordance with the City's agreement with CUPE Local No. 2359.
Full job description is available at http://www.cityofhumboldt.ca/.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of municipal roadway and underground utility construction and repair methods is an asset.
- Knowledge of safety procedures, OHS regulations, and WHMIS.
- Skills in basic carpentry or mechanical principles.
- Ability to use or operate heavy equipment and knowledge of routine maintenance procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a motivated team or work independently when necessary.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 high school diploma or equivalent
- The successful applicant must be physically fit and possess a minimum valid Class 5 driver's licence.
- Interested applicants should submit a resume stating experience, qualifications, references and education to the undersigned by no later than Friday, May 10, 2013.
- A Criminal Record Check will be requested as a condition of employment.
Please submit your application to:
Works & Utilities Manager
City of Humboldt
Fax: (306) 682-3144
Phone: (306) 682-2531