Job Order #: 5274451
Length of Employment:
Completed at least some secondary school
How to Apply?:
If you have the experience, passion and aptitude we have outlined, please submit your full career details, cover letter and salary expectations in confidence to:
Fax: (306) 665-8208
Performs general store operations duties as directed, including cashiering, truck unloading, stocking and merchandise recovery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities(include but are not limited to the following):
1. Greets customers and assists them as required to maintain the highest level of customer service.
2. Participates in:
freight flow process
merchandise presentation and recovery
cashiering including customer loyalty program
furniture department operations
3. Maintains appearance of the stores interior and exterior to company standards including light maintenance duties and cleaning.
4. Assists in control of shrink and safety results.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Prior retail experience preferred.
2. Previous experience operating a cash register preferred.
3. Mobility to move freely throughout sales floor and stockroom on a continual basis throughout the shift required. Ability to lift at least 50lbs (Shipper/Receiver Position). Frequently required to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop or kneel.
4. Basic English literacy and math skills required.
5. Strong customer service and communication skills required.
6. Ability to work within a flexible schedule preferred. Availability: Evenings/Weekends/Days.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Retail establishment
- Public transportation is available
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Standing for extended periods
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Attention to detail
- Handling heavy loads
- Work under pressure
- Fast-paced environment
- Wrap or place merchandise in bags
- Enter prices of items on cash register
- Greet customers
- Stock shelves and clean counter area
- Receive payment for goods or services
- Scan items
- Process money, cheques and credit/debit card payments
- Suggestive selling
- Customer service oriented
- Operate cash register
- Interac machine
- Cash register
- Computer terminal
- Price scanner