Within a large international trucking transport company, work within a brokering/freight-forwarding division. This in-house division is responsible for the planning, organizing, evaluating and executing all tasks, on a day to day basis.
These tasks/duties include but are not limited to:
1. Locate loads throughout North America for company trucks requiring return loads to bring them home. This is done using all avenues of communication.
2. Locate trucks needed to cover off excess freight within the company that our own trucks cannot haul.
3. Arrange for shipping documentation and oversee the scheduling and dispatching of goods and tracing of goods in transit.
4. Assist in setting and following policies and standards including safety procedures for the handling of goods being transported and ensure compliance with transport regulations.
5. Assist in controlling the company?s budget including acquisitions with respect to the division.
1. Good to excellent computer skills, Word, Exel are a must. A bonus would be Power Point, good typing skills and a past history of working with our operating software, AXON.
2. Excellent people skills both in person and on the phone.
3. Presentation skills both one on one or to a group.
Any experience within a trucking company or a brokerage firm.
Experience in working with people and sales.
Working with computers in relation to online transportation services.
Much of this job is spent working on a computer, so any additional computer skills would be a definite asset.
We need at least three to four years of related experience in the trucking industry.
Long term employment with a well established company.
Full health care package and pension plan.
Skills and Abilities
Specific Ship Broker Skills
- Explain features when purchasing or selling for clients
- Negotiate rates and terms
- Freight forwarding company
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
- Know and use computer hardware and software
Area of Customs Broker Specialization
Specific Customs Broker Skills
- Prepare and process import and export documents and other forms on behalf of clients