Rubicon Pharmacies is a rapidly expanding company that is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Accounts Payable Clerk I, to work full or part time in our Weyburn office.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will work in all areas of the accounting cycle, and is primarily responsible for managing accounts payable, general ledger, financial reporting, as well as contributing to the day-to-day operations of the Rubicon office.
- Accounts payable entry, reconciliation and subsequent payments.
- Preparation of sales tax returns.
- Preparation of working papers, journal entries and subsequent posting.
- Prepare trial balances.
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports as required.
- Other duties assigned as necessary
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Working knowledge of internet and email use.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Maintain a professional demeanor in the working environment.
- Work steady under deadlines.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Ability to take initiative, direction and prioritize.
- Completion of a certificate/diploma in an Accounting program.
- Minimum 2 years as a Accounts Payable Clerk or related office experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals keen to be a part of a fast paced, expanding organization. This is a full/part time position which includes a competitive benefits package (including company pension plan) and competitive salary based on education and experience relevant to this opening.