Reporting to the Chief Metallurgist, the Metallurgist coordinates activities, information, materials or resources within own area of responsibility to meet tight deadlines.
- Actively demonstrate a commitment to Safety and Environmental stewardship
- On a daily, weekly and monthly basis, monitor and report on mill performance and project work
- Planning and conducting both metallurgical and/or in-plant test work to assist in process improvement or troubleshooting
- Applying investigative and continuous improvement principles at personal, group and operational levels
- Developing expertise in various unit operations (such as acid leaching, solvent extraction, water treatment) and provide training to others
- Coordinating activities, information, materials or resources within own area of responsibility to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Liaising with external resources as required (vendors, corporate Engineering and Projects)
Skills and Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor?s degree in Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering and eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in Saskatchewan.
- Working knowledge of process design and metallurgical unit operations
- Ability to provide a positive leadership style and engage resources at all levels of the organization, including operators, tradesmen, peers and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to ensure clarity amongst a diverse stakeholder group
- Comfortable working in an industrial plant and laboratory environment
- Strong computer skills in MS Office suite and ability to learn other applications as required
Work Location & Schedule:
- McClean Lake site
- 7 days in and 7 days out work schedule
Apply online at www.arevaresources.ca/careers by March 7th, 2013.
Job #: 013-027-M