Spadina Early Learning & Childcare at Lester B. Pearson School is currently seeking a full time Inclusion Cordinator for a term contract beginning immediately. The center offers an Inclusive Childcare Program for children ages six weeks to school age, providing quality programming in a safe, nurturing and fun learning environment.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Inclusion Co-ordinator is responsible for the Inclusive Childcare Program acting as a resource to both staff and parents.
Working collaboratively with both Speech Language Pathologists and Behaviour Consultants, you identify children with diverse needs.
As an advocate for childcare, you write grants to various agencies to request funding.
Working with children of various abilities, you observe and assess children's needs, which include all areas of development and write Individual Program Plans.
You support the development of staff and work to ensure a positive work environment.
You have a background in Education or ECE Level 3, as well as knowledge of child development and children with exceptionalities. You are also certified in First Aid and CPR.
If you are an enthusiastic team player who enjoys working with children, in a fast pace environment this job may be for you.
Only applications with the required work experience and education will be considered for the position.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Tuberculosis test
- Child abuse registry check
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Before and after school programs
- Child care centre
Ability to Supervise
- 11-15 people
Type Of Work
- Daycare management
Experience With Children Who Have Special Needs
- Children with behavioural issues
- Children with an intellectual disability
- Children with a physical disability
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
- Assist in maintaining records of children
- Maintain day care supplies and equipment
- Prepare budget
- Supervise staff, trainees or volunteers
- 4 years
- 3-11 months
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 5 years
Early Childhood Education Skills
- Knowledge of licensing regulations
- Assess the developmental level of children
- Prepare progress reports and discuss with parents and other staff members
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities
- Provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music
Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
- Bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers
- Conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Observe children and report on observations to supervisor
- Prepare and serve snacks
- Prepare craft materials and assist children to use them
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Reggio Emilio Approach to Early Childhood Education Training
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree
- Food Safe Certificate
- First Aid Certificate