You will make scheduled deliveries and handle merchandise for GFS customers in Saskatchewan. You will be home every night!
Deliver products to customer locations within delivery window time frames.
Operate vehicle and work safely at all times.
Handle customer concerns in a positive and professional manner.
Complete all required pre-trip, post-trip paperwork; credits for customers and daily log books. Must be able to do physical work and lift up to 75lbs.
Must be self-motivated and able to work well independently and within a team.
Must have excellent customer service skills.
Must be available to work any day of the week including weekends. Start times are early morning or afternoon.
Must have a valid Class 1 License and a clean driver?s abstract
Minimum 1 years of experience
Must be in good physical condition and enjoy manual work
Have a positive attitude and strong work ethic
Be conscientious of offering quality service to our valued customers
Take pride in working safely and representing GFS as a professional driver
How to apply:
Apply at Gordon Food Service at 225-4th Avenue East Regina, SK S4N 4Z7
or email: GFSWinnipegCareers@gfscanada.com, or fax 204-487-2952
Gordon Food Service provides a comprehensive Benefit Plan, Pension Plan with Group RRSP and Profit Sharing.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Valid driver's licence
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Tight deadlines
- Fast-paced environment
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Professionalism in customer service
- Record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle
- Use maps and other trip planning aids
- Pick-up and deliver various items and products
- Load and unload goods
- Plan travel schedules and routes
- Transport and handle dangerous goods
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- WHMIS Certificate
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate