For over a century, Gordon Food Service has been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. Our family-owned company has a long history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships. Our "Customer is King" mentality and commitment to outstanding service continue to prove that our business truly is all about the customer and exceeding their expectations.
We are a well-established company that is committed to embracing change. We are always looking for dedicated people to help shape our company and culture.
Our drivers deliver products to customer locations within delivery window time frames. They operate tractor/trailer safely at all times. Drivers handle customer concerns in a positive and professional manner. They complete all required pre-trip, post-trip paperwork; credits for customers and daily log books.
- Class 1A driver license.
- Works well unsupervised and is self- motivated.
- Must be able to do physical work and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Competitive wages.
- Company sponsored flex benefits after 3 months.
- Company sponsored RRSP with matching DPSP after 3 months.
- Driver Accuracy Incentive program.
Other Benefits of GFS:
- Day Shifts
- Home every night
- Family owed company
- Employee recognition programs
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Drug test
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Valid driver's licence
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Tight deadlines
- Fast-paced environment
- Professionalism in customer service
- Record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle
- Pick-up and deliver various items and products
- Load and unload goods
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Driver's Licence (Class D or 3)