Job Order #: 5260591
GORDON FOOD SERVICE
Length of Employment:
How to Apply?:
This job is no longer taking applications
This job is no longer taking applications and is displayed only for reference.
To view current postings please conduct a new search.
GORDON FOOD SERVICE
Our drivers deliver products to customer locations within delivery window time frames. They operate tractor/trailer safely at all times. Drivers handle customer concerns in a positive and professional manner. They complete all required pre-trip, post-trip paperwork; credits for customers and daily log books.
- Class 1A drivers license.
- Works well unsupervised and is self- motivated.
- Must be able to do physical work and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Wage increase at 6 months, 1 year, and 2 years plus annual increases in January.
- Company sponsored flex benefits after 3 months.
- Company sponsored RRSP with matching DPSP at 2% after 3 months.
- Driver Accuracy Incentive program.
Other Benefits of GFS:
- Day Shifts
- Home every night
- Family owned company
- Employee recognition programs
Interested? Please forward your cover letter and resume stating position and location applying for no later than March 31, 2013 to:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all individuals that apply however, only those scheduled for personal interviews will be contacted.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Drug test
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Valid driver's licence
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Tight deadlines
- Fast-paced environment
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Professionalism in customer service
- Record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle
- Use maps and other trip planning aids
- Pick-up and deliver various items and products
- Load and unload goods
- Plan travel schedules and routes
- Transport and handle dangerous goods
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- WHMIS Certificate
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Driver's Licence (Class D or 3)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate