Working at Big Sky Farms Grisdale Unit located near Porcupine Plain, SK. the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall maintenance in the Finishing unit.
-Completion of the ongoing structural and mechanical maintenance in assigned facilities.
-To work with the facilities maintenance department to diagnose and correct deficiencies
-To develop a long term preventative maintenance program and budget for assigned facilities.
-Maintain an effective pest control program
-In conjunction with facilities maintenance department maintain a parts inventory sufficient to quickly respond to routine problems
-As required attend to emergency call outs.
-Attend centrally organized training programs.
-Maintain a safe working environment
-Order /purchase materials and services along with completion and submission of work orders.
-Ensure that all work complies with codes.
- Good observational abilities and the ability to "think on your feet"
- Willingness to learn and take formal training as needed
- Patience and empathy to work with animals
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Skills and Abilities
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Driver's licence