Applications are invited for a Permanent Full Time (7.5 hrs/day) Administrative Assistant at Tisdale Elementary School with duties to commence on March 4, 2013. Core function will involve entering and monitoring attendance, typing, filing, mail distribution, photocopying, computation, telephone answering and other duties as assigned by the Principal.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
Testing in any of these areas may be a requirement prior to awarding of position
- Possess a Grade 12 education.
- Minimum of one year secretarial training at a recognized institution as recognized by the Board of
Education is preferred.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, ability to employ a team approach and possess a caring attitude toward elementary-aged children.
- Superior knowledge in business English, spelling, and punctuation.
- Strong understanding of accounting practices.
- Knowledge in the operation of office equipment: such as - photocopier, fax, telephone/switchboard,
intercom, scanner and computer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods and procedures used in maintaining an office.
- Proficiency in the operation of computers and extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
- Ability to problem solve data processing issues.
- Ability to be creative and flexible in reacting to emergent or unexpected circumstances.
Additional details may be obtained from Mr. Ken Okanee, Principal, Tisdale Elementary School (306) 873-4533.
The successful applicant will be required to produce a Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.