1. Operates and maintains trucks and other equipment such as:
* ladder truck
* tandem and three ton
2. Performs Labourer type tasks and duties as required.
3. Maintains assigned tools and equipment.
4. Logs, records and reports pertinent information such as receipt of materials, time sheets and tasks performed.
NOTE: The duties listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed outside of the listed duties above (other duties as assigned).
- Grade 12 or GED Equivalent
- Valid Class 3 Driver's License with air brake endorsement
- Fireman's Certificate
EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- 500 hours operation of Tandem Truck c/w air brakes
- Manual 4 speed split axle transmission truck.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Applicants must submit a resume, proof of qualifications and/or completed application forms and may be tested for appropriate skills. An interview may be conducted with applicants who qualify in skill, ability and qualifications
The position shall be filled in accordance with the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City and CUPE Local 726. Candidates not possessing the qualifications listed above, are urged to apply and will be considered on the basis of their combined education and experience.