COME JOIN THE MAPLE LEAF FAMILY!
Every day at Maple Leaf our team proves over and over again that extraordinary people, who are totally passionate about what they do, can build a winning company. We do this around the world by outperforming the competition and rewarding all those who share our passion.
Maple Leaf Foods is currently looking for a Production Supervisor for our state of the art meat processing and packaging plant.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision to employees in their department
- Manage safe, cost effective and efficient production
- Continuously improve our manufacturing resources, process, efficiencies and quality
- Ensure employee safety and compliance to the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Ensure Quality Compliance with all HACCP procedures
- Maintain a positive union and employee relations' environment
- Administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Ensure open and effective communications
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent industry experience
- Proven initiative and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven experience and commitment to good manufacturing practices
- Must be able to exercise timely, good judgment in day-to-day business decisions
- Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Safety Regulations would be an asset
- Ability to function in a fast paced production environment
- May be required to cover alternate shifts as needed