1 Early Childhood Educator to work with infants and Toddlers
Qualifications: demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the development of infant and toddlers, demonstrate the ability to work well with a team, communicate effectively, and share ideas with other staff.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: Fulfilling the needs of children in your care. Assisting in implementing a developmentally appropriate program for infants and toddlers including communicating with co-workers, and families; observing and documenting children's experiences and assisting in maintaining documentations; developing meaningful relationships with children and families through daily contact and interactions; commitment to participate in professional development opportunities within the organization and assisting in light housekeeping duties.
Preference will be given to applicants with an ECE diploma or certificate or education equivalent to ECE Level I, II, or III. All interested may apply. Social Workers, Nurses, Teachers, Educational Assistants or other related fields will be evaluated by the Ministry of Education, Early Learning Branch and wage will be based on accreditation and related previous experience. Applicants without credentials will be considered if an education plan is developed. Tuition funding may be available. Please call for details.
Hourly wage is based on the achieved ECE Level and years of experience, so the wage can range anywhere from $10.00/hr up to $15.86/hr pending education and experience.
A TB test, Criminal Record Check, and First Aid/CPR C are required prior to being hired.
A full benefits plan is offered (family or single) after 3 months!
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Day care centre or nursery school
- Continuous learning
- Job task planning and organizing
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Prepare craft materials and assist children to use them
- Read to children
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Supervise and care for children
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Infant (3 months - 11 months)
- Toddler to pre-school (1 - 3 years)
Work Location Information
- Rural community
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate