Garda Security Services is looking for Full-Time Security Personnel for their Boundary Dam Location in Estevan Saskatchewn.
Applicants must be reliable and be able to work all shifts. Applicants holding the 40 hour Saskatchewan Justice Security Guard Course Certificate or permanent Security License are preferred.
Those applicants not holding a Saskatchewan Justice Security Guard Course Certificate must complete the PISG course and pass the written exam within 30 days of hire.
Applicants must be 18 years of age and must speak fluent English.
Only persons interested in making this job their main priority and of good character need apply.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Valid driver's license
- Essential Skills
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Computer skills
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Standing for extended periods
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- 20/20 vision
- Physically demanding
- Type of Assignments
- Foot patrol, Fixed post, Vehicle patrol
- Ensure safety and emergency procedures are followed
- Follow radio and emergency telephone procedures
- Use telecommunications (i.e. two-way radio, cell phone)
- Detect or prevent thefts and vandalism
- Enforce Policies
- Write reports