The YMCA of Moose Jaw is seeking an energetic and committed individual to fill the role of early childhood educator.
Selected candidate will be responsible for the care, supervision and planning for children aged 18 months - 12 years. Candidate must have ability or willingness to learn how to plan activities that are based on the children's interests.
This is a permanent, full time position.
Candidates with certification as Level I, II, or III Early Childhood Educators are encouraged to apply, however formal early childhood education is not required.
Employer is willing to train and will arrange/pay for studies in the area of Early Childhood Education after 6 months probationary period.
Certification as an Early Childhood Educator is determined by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Learning.
People with training in the fields of psychology, nursing, long term care, educational assistant , social work, and other related social sciences or health care fields often have required credentials for Early Childhood Certification.
Candidates must have or be willing to obtain First Aid/CPR Training, TB test, a criminal record check, child abuse welfare check at their own expense. Preferred candidate will have a valid driver's license, as some transportation of children is occasionally required.
Benefits include medical/dental/vision benefits after 6 months, pension eligibility after 2 years, paid Early Childhood Education classes, free lunches, and free membership to YMCA Health, Fitness and recreation facility, weekends off, evenings off and Stat holidays off.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Tuberculosis test
- Child abuse registry check
- Centre for exceptional children
- Child care centre
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
- Assist in maintaining records of children
- Assist in housekeeping duties
- Maintain day care supplies and equipment
Early Childhood Education Skills
- Assess the developmental level of children
- Plan and develop child care and nursery school programs
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities
Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
- Arrange transition periods such as lunch and rest for children
- Conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children
- Guide children in development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children and report on observations to supervisor
- Prepare and serve snacks
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate