Access Communications is a 100% Saskatchewan-owned non-profit co-operative that is committed to providing exceptional communications and entertainment services.
Position Description: - Assists in the development of the external corporate communications strategy, including the public relations strategy.
- Prepares and delivers various external communications including news releases, speeches and other materials as required.
- Assists in the development of the internal communications strategy. Produces employee newsletters, FAQs and information development for internal website.
- Co-ordinates staff events.
- Works closely with the President & CEO to prepare materials for the Member Relations Committee, Board of Directors, and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for the production of all member communications, including newsletters and annual reports. Supports Co-operative Advocacy Strategy.
- Serves on the Board of the Access Communications Childrens Fund (ACCF) as an appointee of the Co-operative. Assists in the development of the ACCF communications strategy.
- Assists in the development and implementation of corporate sponsorship and community involvement strategies to ensure that the interests of the Co-operative are met.
- Co-ordinates company programs involving public participation such as community events, facility tours, and customer appreciation events
Candidate Qualifications: - The incumbent requires a minimum Bachelors Degree in communications, advertising, public relations or journalism and/or equivalent experience. Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills are required. Experience project management and/or event planning would be definite assets. A strong customer service and relationship building orientation is required. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as the ability to work independently are essential.