-Responsible to ensure the security of the building, complete regular room checks. -Ensure the safety of the clients. -Includes interaction with the residents, helping in problem solving and acting as a positive role model. -Writing must be legible as documentation is hand written. -Light cooking and housekeeping may apply on some shifts. -Must be mature and able to work unsupervised or with little supervision. -Must be compassionate yet firm and confident. -Must be able to multitask. -Must be able to pass federal security clearance.
-Must be able to work a rotating shift as we are a 24hr facility (shifts will be primarily overnights-weekdays and weekends, weekends and holidays). Successful candidate must be willing and able to work all shifts.
-This position will be for casual work with most of the hours falling on the weekends, overnights or holidays. Hours per pay period will vary dependant on sick calls, vacation, etc. -Must be reliable, dependable and possess a good work ethic. -Meewasinota prefers to promote from within when part time and full time positions are open.
Meewasinota CRF is a privately owned, co-ed facility dedicated to being an active participant in the rehabilitation and reintegration of correctional inmates. We welcome all races and religions. Our professional staff is close knit and supportive of one another as well as residents. We strive for a friendly work environment.
Persons with related experience or education are encouraged to apply.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Enhanced reliability security clearance
Type of Community or Social Service
- Programs dealing with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- Socio-economic needs or conditions (housing, nutrition, unemployment, financial assistance)
- Personal and social adjustment and health (substance abuse, gambling, behaviour disorders)
- Half-way house
Target Groups or Clients
- Persons with learning disabilities
- Persons with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Persons with mental health disabilities
- Persons with physical disabilities
- Persons with intellectual disabilities
- Culturally diverse groups
- Aboriginal groups
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Reading text
- Food preparation
- Housekeeping activities
- Administrative and office activities
- Maintain program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research
- Supervise activities of clients living in group homes and half-way houses
- Resolve conflict situations
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate