*Provide leadership and supervision to warehouse and shipping employees to ensure operational goals are reached.
*Monitor the performance of all employees including coffee breaks, lunch times, starting times, etc. and act on any non-compliant behavior.
*Provide effective help and guidance to employees to ensure that they meet their performance targets and objectives. This may include recommendations to managers on training initiatives.
*Plan, schedule and coordinate resources to effectively meet customer requirements.
*Continually monitor all aspects of plant productivity, help implement changes were feasible in order to improve customer service and make recommendations to management on improvement initiatives.
*Ensure employees are following correct policies and practices with regards to health & safety, quality assurance, inventory management, storage, identification etc.
*Ensure a clean, safe and well organized working environment is maintained and all employees and operations are in accordance with the Corporate Health & Safety policies and government legislation.
*Supervise accident investigations by interviewing parties concerned and documenting all aspects of the incident.
*Maintain Health and Safety records and administer health and safety practices.
*Conduct and administer safety training as per corporate and branch policies.
* Work hours are from 3:00pm to 1:30am Monday through Thursday (4 x 10 hours)
* Strong effective communication and computer skills.
* Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills.
* Prior supervisory experience mandatory.
* Proven leadership ability ( lead, motivate, delegate).
* Ability to deal objectively with confrontational situations
*Metals and logistics experience