Are you self-motivated
Do you have exceptional organizational & communication skills?
Are you looking for a challenging & rewarding career?
Do you like to work hard & have fun doing it?
If so, the YEA may be looking for you!
We are seeking a dynamic individual to fill the full-time role of OFFICE MANAGER. Reporting to the GM, the successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of operations of the YEA such as preparing trade show contracts, livestock event entry forms and prize lists, coordinating sponsorship agreements, minute taking for variuos committees, overseing office staff. Strong computer skills and some accounting experience are required.The position requires a community minded, enthusiastic individual who is willing to commit to a schedule that can be hectic at times. Some weekend and evening work will be required. We offer a competative salary and benefits package.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Confidential security clearance
- Enhanced reliability security clearance
- Basic security clearance
- Not-for-profit organization
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Fast-paced environment
- Delegate work to office support staff
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures
- Review, evaluate and implement new administrative procedures
- Prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- Carry out administrative activities of establishment
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services such as accommodation, relocation, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets and parking
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Ensure procedures are followed
- Establish work priorities