Employees in these temporary student placements will provide technical and/or research support for a variety of field and/or office assignments on water resource development projects. Typical duties and responsibilities may include:
* Assisting with inspecting surface water and water control projects and reporting on status;
* Assisting with inspections and field surveys;
* Interpreting, verifying and recording field survey data, maps, plans and other technical information;
* Assisting in the preparation of reports and drawings;
* Collecting information and assisting with preparation of approval documents and regulatory responses;
* Updating regulatory files and regional databases;
* Assisting with structure operations and maintenance;
* Assisting with hydrometric program activities; and
* Assisting in the operation, maintenance and repair of related equipment.
Work can require considerable travel, an irregular work schedule, and, on occasion, extended absences from headquarters. Travel, sustenance, and accommodations will be provided when required to work away from headquarters.
Preference will be given to college or university students enrolled in an Engineering or Geoscience Degree program or in an Engineering Technology Diploma program. Applicants will require a valid drivers license.