The Area Sales Representative, reporting to the Manager Area Sales, is accountable for:
Growth of revenue and margin of company stores within an assigned geographical region.
Coaching of individuals with sales and customer service responsibility in assigned store areas.
Coordination of sales effort between Field Sales Reps., Branch Managers, Customer Service Reps., Product Specialists and Account Managers.
Building Profitable Sales:
Maintain and grow local and corporate target accounts, concentrating on construction and production consultants and pipeline construction companies.
Current, store specific sales/marketing strategies, built jointly with appropriate branch people, are actively used by branch staff & corporate sales resources.
Customer quotations for the defined market area receive specific input on competitive advantages or market intelligence.
Strategic, long term customer relationships required for success within the area are built and maintained.
Coordinating Sales Activity:
Product Specialists actions are well coordinated and seamless to customer.
Yearly branch revenue budgets, by customer and product group, are built with collaboration of all appropriate Account Managers and Product Specialists.
Build and maintain Maximizer customer database in conjunction with Field Sales Representatives and Branch Managers.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Preference given to people with post secondary education, relevant industry or technical training.
Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Senior level sales experience preferred. Candidates with more experience in large scale or complex sales efforts will be favored.
Outside sales experience, preference to those who have worked extensively in the oilfield services sector.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Driver's validity licence check
- Manufacturing and industrial products
- Construction materials and equipment
- Industrial machinery and equipment
Ability to Supervise
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel regularly
- Own transportation
Type of Sales Account
- Local accounts
- Key accounts
- Regional accounts
- Continuous learning
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Fast-paced environment
Type Of Sales
- Commercial establishments
- Train customers' staff in the operation and maintenance of equipment
- Assess client's needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services
- Promote sales to existing clients
- Resolve product and service related problems
- Supervise activities of other technical sales specialists
- Utilize sales/marketing software packages
Work Location Information
- Various locations
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Not required