Reporting to the Unit Manager, the Mill Technician/Grain Buyer works with the Unit Manager to ensure the overall operation of the mill, ordering and purchasing of grain and ingredients, the conduct of general maintenance, repair and administration within the mill. This position is at the Eagle Creek Unit located near Plenty, SK.
1. Monitoring the production process
2. Processing grain in accordance with the System Procedures & SOP's
3. Scheduling production shifts.
4. Initiating repairs to equipment and obtaining minor parts.
5. Purchasing grain, equipment, parts and tools used for processing feed in a timely manner and at the best price.
6. Identifying, selecting, and monitoring suppliers of grain, equipment, parts, tools and shipping services.
7. Identifying and recording any problems relating to products, processing, and the System Procedures & SOP's.
8. Following protocols, standards, and regulatory requirements within their department.
9. Reporting quality problems to the Mill Manager.
10. Performing final inspections.
11. Communicating with other Mill Technicians
12. Notifying the Mill Manager of purchases for minor repairs and parts
13. Preparing production and performance reports
14. Conducting inventory counts and managing inventory levels of grain, parts, and tools.
15. Cleanliness of mill building, yard, vehicles and equipment
We are looking for an individual that is physically fit and mechanically inclined.