Park Yorkton Food Ltd. (doing business as Wendy's Restaurants) requires food counter attendants.
Food counter attendants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Take customers' orders.
- Wash, peel, slice and prepare foodstuffs including vegetables and fruit.
- Use deep fryer, grill, oven, dispensers and other equipment to prepare fast food items such as sandwiches, hamburgers, fries, salads, ice cream dishes, milkshakes and other beverages.
- Portion, assemble, and wrap food or place it directly in containers for service to patrons, and package take-out food.
- Use equipment to prepare hot beverages such as coffee and tea specialties.
- Serve customers at counters.
- Stock refrigerators, freezers and shelves and keep records of the quantities of food used.
- May receive payment for food items purchased.
- Wash work tables, cupboards and appliances.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen and dining room garbage containers.
- Unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas.
- Sweep and mop floors, and perform other duties to assist staff.
- Replenish condiments and other supplies in serving areas.
- Wash cooking utensils and small wares. Place in storage area.
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
Successful applicants need to have a good attitude & work ethic, are friendly & dependable. Be prepared to learn "the Wendy's Way". Online, group and personal training is provided. Employee discount 50%.
Skills and Abilities
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Scour pots and pans
- Fast food
- Public transportation is available
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Replenish condiments and other supplies at tables and serving areas
Counter Attendant and Food Preparer Skills
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Package take-out food
- Portion and wrap foods
- Serve customers at counters or buffet tables
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars
- Take customers' orders
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
Kitchen Helping Skills
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
Type of Equipment
- Cash register
- Deep fryer
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Not required