Reporting to the Nurse Practitioner (NP) the .5 Administrative Assistant will be responsible for all aspects of clerical duties within Women's Health Centre. This position will work closely with all departments of the ANHH and the First Nations Health Services of the File Hills Qu'Appelle Tribal Council.
- Provide reception duties; answer and direct incoming calls, greeting and assisting clients;
- Responsible for distributing and recording incoming and outgoing mail;
- Responsible for typing reports, memos, letters, minutes, etc.;
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of office equipment;
- Maintain filing systems and client records;
- Entering client visits into an electronic health data system and generating monthly reports. (accurate data input required);
- Responsible for scheduling appointments for clients/patients and NP's
- Responsible for scheduling appointments for ultra sound;
- Maintain inventory of office supplies which include, ordering and distribution;
- Graduate of a recognized two year office program.
- Experience in a clinical setting/healthcare environment;
- Medical terminology required;
- Pleasant/professional phone mannerisms and excellent customer service skills with a focus on quality control;
- Dependability and demonstrated ability to work in a confidential environment;
- Excellent Interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to learn new skills and multi task with constant interruptions;
- Ability to work independently and/or within a team with minimum supervision;
- Exceptional written and oral English with attention to detail.
- Exceptional knowledge of software programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Power Point);
- Knowledge of First Nations culture and traditions.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position will run until January 25, 2013 (or until a suitable candidate is found).