- Set up and maintain department records and files and keep company stamps
- Maintain and oversee databases for contracts, real estate, licenses, litigation, outside legal counsel and consultants
- Collect signatures and arrange notary and commissioner of oaths services as requested
- Prepare formal letters, interoffice correspondence and miscellaneous documents
- Prepare agreements and contracts in accordance with approved templates, including but not limited to non-disclosure agreements
- Arrange for travel needs and assist with corporate events
- Track procedural documents
- Assist in the development of training materials and other presentations
- Provide compliance monitoring for company business policies and ethics
- 2 years experience as a Paralegal or Legal Assistant
- High school or equivalent plus specialized education and training that includes a Paralegal/Legal Assistant Certificate or an equivalent Degree or Diploma
- Self-starter and must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Basic knowledge of corporate administration, contractual and employment law, land titles procedures, and corporate ethics awareness
K+S Potash Canada is part of the K+S Group, one of the worlds leading suppliers of standard and speciality fertilizers and the worlds leading salt producer. With more than one hundred years of mining experience K+S offers a comprehensive range of goods and services for agriculture and industry and employs more than 14,000 people globally. K+S is in the initial stages of developing a new potash mine near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, and is building its workforce to support its development and ongoing operations expected in 2015.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building a representative workforce, including Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.