Candidates can submit their resume by January 18, 2013 to Laurie Murphy, Acting Director of Client Services by faxing to 306-565-0477 or emailing to email@example.com. We thank all interested candidates who apply for the position, but only individuals invited for an interview will be contacted.
Employer Name: MS Society Of Canada, Saskatchewan Division
We require someone to cover a leave from as early as January 28/13 to March 28/13, with the possibility of extension. The position is for four days per week from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Provides general receptionist duties for the Regina office. - Assists with basic client consultations, provides basic information to people affected by MS about services, events and programs. Also assists with Client Services events, plus provides support to fundraising team.
Qualifications and Experience:
Diploma in the office education/administrative assistance field with at least 2 years related experience or the equivalent education and experience. Experience with individuals with disabilities or chronic illness, is an asset.
Skills and Competencies:
- Effective oral and written communication skills. - Experience with word processing, desktop publishing and database management. - Ability to take initiative in assigned tasks and work independently. - Ability to deal sensitively, professionally and confidentially with a variety of people including clients, participants, volunteers, etc.
Training and orientation for the position will be provided as well as ongoing supervision and support.
Skills and Abilities
- Not-for-profit organization
- Data entry
- Maintain records
- Provide basic information to clients and the public
- Answer, screen and forward telephone calls
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Obtain and process information required to provide services
- Operate switchboard or telephone system
- Record and relay information
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Internet browser
- General office equipment
- Database software
- Electronic scheduler
- Electronic mail
- Spreadsheet software
- Word processing software