Located at FCL's Home Office in Saskatoon and reporting to the Financial Statement & Audit Supervisor, the Senior Accountant (Financial Statements) is responsible for:
1. Complete period financial statements for assigned retails. Maintain fixed asset subledger for assigned retails. Review period statements completed by other Accountants and follow up irregularities. Assist other Retail Accounting staff as required.
2. Review error reports from online financial statement runs and follow up as necessary.
3. Update online autopost and autopolling files as required.
4. Complete year end financial statements, review member purchase data and corporate tax returns for assigned retails.
5. Assist with review of year end working papers and statements when required. Review adjustments to year end working papers and year end financial statements for retail allocation to shares and reserves and corporate tax as necessary.
6. Maintain controls relating to corporate tax including logging of refunds claimed and received; payment of final balances and instalment and follow up with CRA as necessary.
7. Submit required jobs to transfer budgets for reporting and COIN retails. Assist in following up and correcting discrepancies in retail budgets.
8. Perform internal audit function as required.
9. Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position applicants must possess SIAST ACP classes: Introductory Accounting, Intermediate Accounting I and II , Cost Accounting I & II, Tax, Quantitative Methods 1, Auditing, Accounting Information Systems, Financial Management, Advanced Management Accounting, Advanced Financial Accounting, and a minimum of three (3) years of related accounting experience
A university degree in Commerce with an accounting major or a professional accounting designation.