This position is responsible for overseeing the direct maintenance of Regina Housing Authority properties. This position will initiate and complete routine maintenance and repairs of properties, ensuring units are move in ready. This could entail delegating activities through cleaners and coordinating schedules with Contractors.
* SATISFACTORY CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK REQUIRED UPON HIRE.
* Must be able to have access to a RELIABLE VEHICLE (suitable for hauling tools and supplies) and must hold a VALID DRIVERS LICENSE. Travel throughout Regina is an integral part of this position. REIMBURSED ON PER KM BASIS.
* Must have own hand tools and cordless drill
* Must be able to work on-call on a rotating basis.
* General knowledge of building maintenance systems and repair.
* Knowledge and ability to complete repairs in plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
* Experience working with boiler's and building mechanical systems. Valid Fireman's certificate preferred.
* Able to work with and relate to a diverse client base including people of various cultures, abilities, and social and economic backgrounds. Must maintain confidentiality.
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal and team building skills with an emphasis on collaboration and coordination
* Able to prioritize and organize workload, resources, and time often with competing interests
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision, this skill will also require the applicant to demonstrate a high degree of self initiation.
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills in english