Gordon Denny Community School Invites applications for a full-time Recreation Coordinator
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Coordinate/work with local steering committee and school community staff through regular community meetings to develop, monitor and evaluate all aspects of the program, particularly the annual program;
- Coordinate and provide a variety of sports, recreation and cultural activities for students, their families and other community members;
- Ensure programming represents the community's initiative;
- Maintain a regular schedule as laid out in the program plan. This will include evening and weekend work;
- Complete all required reports and records of all transactions promptly and regularly.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education/Recreation/Kinesiology, Diploma in Leisure Studies or a combination of Grade 12 and
- Experience in sport, leisure and cultural activities;
- Program planning skills;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Communications and Interpersonal skills;
- Computer and Budget skill;
- Cultural Awareness;
- A valid Saskatchewan driver's license;
- Ability to speak Cree would be a definite asset.
Please be aware that applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those successful for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter, resume along with three professional references and current criminal record check (within the last six months) to:
Gordon Denny Community School
Lionel Brideson, Principal
Bag Service #7300, La Ronge, SK S0J 1L0
(306) 425-2997 phone, (306) 425-2266 fax
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013 AT