Provides high quality customer service with the installation, maintenance, repair and removal of customer premise equipment, outside plant facilities and switching equipment in remote or un-staffed offices. Performs related duties.
1. Installs, maintains and removes residential, business and coin station equipment, wiring and associated hardware for basic telephone, multi line, key, paging, alarm systems, mobile radio, cable television, PBX/PABX (electronic or other), customer switchboards, data terminals etc.
2. Installs, maintains and removes telephone, coaxial and fibre optic cables/wiring, terminals and associated outside plant facilities including remote switch end equipment and distribution frame wiring in rural communities and sub-district location.
3. Investigates customer complaints pertaining to service troubles. Identifies, repairs and replaces defective and/or damaged station equipment and outside plant facilities to restore or improve service.
4. Investigates and reports damage to outside plant facilities. Locates and stakes buried facilities as required and/or requested.
5. Responsible for administrative processes relating to material/stock usage and returns, time reporting, order completion, vehicles and customer billing documentation.
6. Provides training to customers as required.
7. Identifies, assists and notifies sales of potential sale opportunities.
8. Follows safe work practices and procedures. Takes reasonable care to protect personal health and safety and the health and safety of others in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
For more information and to apply, please visit sasktel.com/careers