First Years Child Care Inc. is looking for a positive and hardworking individual to join our team! We provide care for children in a relaxed, child centered environment following the provincial "Play & Exploration" Program Guide.
Responsibilities would include but are not limited to: provide quality child care to any age of children between 6 weeks & School Age, cover staff lunch breaks and assist with all other daily routines of the center.
Extras: Wages are competitive with other centres in the city and are dependant on education.
Requirements: Early Childhood Education Level I or II at WITH experience.
Must have valid certification in First Aid and CPR "C" or be willing to obtain within the first month of employment.
A Criminal Record Check in the vulnerable sector will be required as well as a Tuberculosis Test Result prior to first day of employment if hired.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Tuberculosis test
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Day-care centre
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Assist in maintaining records of children
- Assist in housekeeping duties
- 4 years
- 3-11 months
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 5 years
Early Childhood Education Skills
- Assess the developmental level of children
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities
- Provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music
Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
- Bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers
- Conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Guide children in development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children and report on observations to supervisor
- Prepare and serve snacks
- Prepare craft materials and assist children to use them
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- WHMIS Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate