Stepping Stones Emergency Receiving Home requires several Casual Staff. Please indicate on your cover letter what days, hours you are available. Shifts include days, evenings, overnights, weekdays and weekends. Most shifts are 8 hours, but some are 5 hours. Successful candidate will be working with 2-3 other staff with up to 8 children, new born to 12 years old. Duties include but are not limiting to supervising and interacting with children at meal times, supervising and interacting with children during play time, preparing children for bed time etc, Once the children are asleep, staff are responsible for meal prep, cleaning, completing paperwork and documentation as required.
$ 1.00 per hour wage premium for hours worked after 6:00 pm and on weekends.
May lead to a fulltime position.
Candidates must possess a current First Aid/CPR certificate.
Must pass a criminal record check and a medical (with TB test).
Only those with a minimum of ONE years relevant post secondary education will be considered.
Rate of pay is $15.78 per hour for those with an Early Childhood Education, Teacher Assistant, or Youth Care Worker CERTIFICATE. LPN's or those with a minimum of 90 hours towards a Social Work Degree will also be paid $15.78 to start.
Those with an Early Childhood Education or Youth Care Worker DIPLOMA or RN's or those with a Social work degree will be paid $17.75 to start.
Those with recent relevant work experience may be started further up on the pay scale (approx $1.00 per hour more).
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Public transportation is available
Experience With Children Who Have Special Needs
- Children with behavioural issues
- Children with an intellectual disability
- Children with a physical disability
- Children with a mental health disability
- Children who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Children who are blind or visually impaired
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
- Assist in maintaining records of children
- Assist in housekeeping duties
- Maintain day care supplies and equipment
- Supervise staff, trainees or volunteers
- 4 years
- 3-11 months
- 3 years
- 1 year
- 5 years
Early Childhood Education Skills
- Assess the developmental level of children
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities
- Provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music
Work Location Information
- Urban area
Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
- Arrange transition periods such as lunch and rest for children
- Bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers
- Conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Guide children in development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children and report on observations to supervisor
- Prepare and serve snacks
- Prepare craft materials and assist children to use them
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Food Safe Certificate
- First Aid Certificate