Looking for 3 experienced (3 years minimum) waterfowl guides for a very busy waterfowl operation in central Saskatchewan.
My clients expect the best, and that is what I am looking for. I expect guides to be very proficient caller for ducks, Canada geese, and speckle bellies.
You must also have a clean driver's abstract and be able to read RM maps.
You will be responsible for spotting fields, locating landowners and setting up hunts.
One position will run from September 15 to the first week of November. The other 2 will run from the last week of September until October 31st.
Also a trained dog will be a required asset to the positions.
All equipment and vehicles pertinent to the job will be supplied, as well as room and board.
I may also be looking for a trainee guide. This position will mostly be a spotter position, but there will be opportunities to go out with the experienced guides to learn.
Wages will be based on experience, but a base will be $140 per day.
Skills and Abilities
- Finding information
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Reading text
- Maintain equipment
- Operate communication (including emergency) devices
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
- Operate off-road vehicles
- Operate photographic and video equipment
- Prepare fish and game for shipping
- General outdoors guiding
- Hunting (firearms)
- Attend to persons with special needs
- Escort groups on outdoor sport and recreational trips
- Handle complaints
- Plan trips
- Practice low impact/no trace land use
- Prevent legislation violations
- Provide outdoor, wilderness and wildlife instruction
- Advise on safety and regulations
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate