Job Order #: 5247848
New York Fries
To be discussed.
Length of Employment:
Permanent, Mon to Sun with some flexibility, 15-20 hours weekly
Completed at least some secondary school
How to Apply?:
Applicants are welcome to apply online or by email email@example.com
Our Cornwall Centre and Southland Mall locations are currently looking for upbeat, outgoing, mature, positive, open-minded, responsible individuals to assist us in serving up "The World's Best Fries" while enjoying the benefits of a fun-filled, team-orientated work environment that encourages development and rewards those who demonstrate these elements.
Offering outstanding customer service to our clients.
Maintaining a positive work environment through the care and responsibility demonstrated in completing daily tasks.
Creating the Worlds Best Fries! by participating in the food prep process.
Maintaining the overall cleanliness of the location.
The successful candidates will be self-motivated, goal oriented individuals who excel at multi-tasking and time management. Shift work is involved as we operate from 9am to as late as 10pm, seven days a week in our mall locations. Written and spoken English skills are required along with basic math skills as all staff serve customers and handle money. Punctuality and reliability are necessitates and a foundation for maintaining a strong team environment.
New York Fries is a leader in the Quick Service Restaurant industry that specializes in fresh cut fries, hot dogs and drinks. The chain has been in business for over twenty- five years and presently offers its products in over 180 locations across Canada, with a majority of our locations available within shopping centre food courts. More information about our products and what we offer can be found online at www.newyorkfries.com
Interested individuals are encouraged to email or drop off their resume at either our Cornwall Centre or Southland Mall locations to the attention of the Manager. Please state on your resume/cover letter your availability and which location(s) you may have preference in working at.
Skills and Abilities
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Scour pots and pans
- Fast food
- Public transportation is available
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Reading text
Counter Attendant and Food Preparer Skills
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Package take-out food
- Portion and wrap foods
- Serve customers at counters or buffet tables
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars
- Take customers' orders
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
Kitchen Helping Skills
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
Type of Equipment
- Cash register
- Deep fryer
Work Location Information
- Urban area