1) Installs and repairs radio antenna and cable systems used to receieve data and internet services from basestation.
2) Pulls cables through ducts according to wiring diagrams and specifications.
3) Reinsulates or replaces worn cables and wires.
4) Tests electric cables and equipment wiring to detect broken circuits or incorrect connections, using test lamp, voltmeter.
5) Must be comfortable to work at extreme heights (will provide training and safety gear).
6) All necessary training will be provided to the succesful applicant.
Skills and Abilities
Type of Establishment Experience
- Telecommunications company
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Document use
- Work at heights or in confined spaces
- Determine nature, cause and location of trouble
- Install and maintain telephone equipment
- Repair or replace defective telephones and equipment
Major Work Area
Type of Equipment
- Coaxial line
- Single line
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Not applicable
- Not required