George Gordon First Nation is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Youth Wellness Counsellor. Under the direction of the Health Committee and supervision of the Health Director, the Youth Wellness Counsellor will oversee the development and coordination of the Family Wellness Centre for youth of the First Nation.
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma required
- Education and training in the areas of life skills, counselling and facilitation
- Experience working with Youth in areas of wellness, addictions and promoting healthy lifestyles
- Knowledge and understanding of the Medicine Wheel concept and traditional First Nations world views, culture and spirituality
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to healthy lifestyle; free from addictive behaviours (alcohol, drugs, gambling etc)
- Preference will be given to GGFN Band members
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate youth programs outlined within the Community Health Plan and Family Wellness Program plan
- Facilitate and coordinate youth focussed services that promote the importance of culture, spirituality, family wellness and healthy lifestyles
- Provide awareness, counselling and referrals to youth in the areas of addictions
- Assist in the planning of conferences, workshops and training that focus on healthy lifestyles for youth
- Advocate for the youth of GGFN
- Other duties as assigned
Thank you for your interest. Only successful applicants will be granted an interview.
For more information, please contact Maureen LeRat at 306.835-2020.