The owner/operator of J3K Enterprise is looking for a casual, but permanent Bread Route Relief Driver and Merchandiser for its franchise in Moose Jaw.
This position is needed to assist the owner/operator with merchandising duties and also to conduct full relief of the franchise operations during planned holidays.
This position may be ideal for a semi-retired person, stay-at-home mom wanting casual work or post-secondary student waiting to work a little outside school.
Merchandising consists of filling grocery shelves with bread products available in the backrooms of various local grocery stores and ensuring our displays are filled appropriately and look appealing to the customers.
Complete Bread Route relief consists on having to carry out the following duties:
1. Sorting bread order for each customer/store;
2. Loading trailer and delivering the product to the appropriate stores;
3. Merchandising the products and taking old products off the shelves;
4. Invoicing customers using handheld computer and printer; and
5. Completing ordering in handheld computer at the end of the day.
Training will be provided and salary will begin on the first day, with an increase once training is complete.
Depending on the successful applicant, a certain amount of hours can be agreed on. Currently, there is an immediate need to have a merchandiser for 2-3 hours on Wednesday, 2 hours on Saturday and Sunday. The hours to conduct the merchandising are very flexible.
Also, there is a need for full relief for a couple of days during the Christmas holidays to allow the owner/operator a few more days off. The owner/operator would also like to take 3 to 4 weeks off throughout the year as agreed with the successful applicant. If the successful applicant is looking for even more hours, there are more franchise owners in Regina and area that would greatly need assistance.
Please contact J3K via email to learn more about this position.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Cellular phone
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Valid driver's licence
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Own vehicle
- Own transportation
- More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Oral communication
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Tight deadlines
- Fast-paced environment
- Prepare, package and restock goods
- Assemble, install and set-up merchandise
- Professionalism in customer service
- Collect or make payments for goods
- Record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle
- Pick-up and deliver various items and products
- Load and unload goods
- Plan travel schedules and routes
- Sell products over established routes