The 24 HR Animal Care Centre is currently seeking a part-time veterinary assistant with the training to commence immediately. MUST BE AVAILABLE DAYS, NIGHTS, AND WEEKENDS. The shifts are generally 12 hours long and will include late evening shifts. Candidates must be available to work any day of the week (including Saturday and Sunday) with the appropriate number of days off. Your duties will include, but not be limited to cleaning, assisting with procedures, walking and generally caring for our patients. The hours of work may vary. Experience is an asset but not a requirement.
We offer a competitive starting wage of $13.00/hr DOE and a health and dental plan is available to those applicants who successfully complete their 3 month probation.
Skills and Abilities
- Veterinarian clinic
Specific Animal Care Skills
- Assist with inoculation and treatment of animals
- Clean and disinfect cages, pens, aquariums, kennels, runs, stall and enclosures
- Prepare food and feed animals
- Up to 26 kg (50 lbs)
- Computer use
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Animal Care Experience
- Domestic animals/pets (cats, kittens, puppies, dogs, etc.)
- Exotic birds
- Hamsters, guinea pigs, gerbils, etc.
- Keep records of animals treated
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Not required